Knight Inlet Lodge Grizzly BearsReference CTS10697
Knight Inlet Lodge is located on a 100 km long fjord carved by glaciers in the coastal mountains. This pristine wilderness is the native habitat of the Grizzly Bear. Every spring when the bears come out of hibernation, they can be seen from a boat on the banks of Glendale Cove eating sedge grasses, mussels and barnacles that abound in the cove.
In the fall the bears feed heavily on the returning Salmon to the Glendale River and can be seen in large numbers from the specially constructed viewing platform. Situated 60 kilometres from the mouth of the inlet is Knight Inlet Lodge. The floating lodge is tucked into Glendale Cove, which offers one of the few protected anchorages in the inlet, and it is here that you will begin each day’s adventure.
Knight Inlet Lodge is an assortment of construction styles dating from the early 1940s when the original float housed a logging camp. Recent construction has provided modern buildings for guest accommodation. In the Palace, the Native House and the Lair, all of the rooms are cedar panelled and have private bathrooms for our guests’ comfort. Most of the rooms have one double/queen/king bed and a twin bed. With the addition of a cot, they can accommodate four in some of the rooms. Most of the guest buildings have lounges with wood burning stoves in them, for relaxing in the evening or on a cool day.
- Return flight from Vancouver to Campbell River
- Return transfer Campbell River Airport to Hotel and seaplane terminal
- 1st night accommodation in Campbell River
- A balance of nights accommodation
- Return airfare from Campbell River Float Plane docks at Lodge
- Welcome orientation for wildlife viewing
- All meals and snacks while at the lodge
- Complimentary house wine with dinner
- All transportation to the bear viewing stands and boats
- Bear viewing tour
- A scenic boat ride of Glendale Cove
- Use of kayaks on organized estuary tours
- Interpretive guide on all tours
- Rain gear if required
- BC Provincial Hotel Tax Excursions
4 & 5-day packages will be offering the following extra tours
- Extra bear viewing trips
- Interpretive hike of the Kwalate River valley
- Wildlife tracking to make plaster casts of animal prints
Our Canada Specialists can book these Canada lodges holidays/packages for you and include them as part of your tailor-made holiday to Canada. You may wish to spend some time in Vancouver, visit Whistler Resort or take a rail or coach tour through the Rockies to Banff and Lake Louise. Perhaps take an Alaska cruise? For current prices please contact us now.