Sundance Guest Ranch
Located in British Columbia’s high country, with magnificent scenery and clear fresh air – a genuine bit of the old West. Yet it is only four hours by car from Vancouver. A vast choice of horses is available from chestnuts, sorrels, bays, pintos and appaloosas – everything from gentle trail horses to lively, frisky mounts, all with good Western gear.
With over 90 horses, the Ranch can cater to all levels of riding experience and is surrounded by thousands of acres of spectacular countryside to explore on horseback. Horses are what the Sundance is all about, but there are plenty of other activities to choose from, swimming (Sundance is located in one of the sunniest spots in Canada), tennis, pool, and Saturday night dancing.
Ranch amenities include:
- The dining room is licensed for beer and wine service.
- BYOB bar lounge (beautiful room with big stone fireplace, large picture windows overlooking the horse pastures, bar with ice machine, large cooler and storage for guests’ beverages - outdoor patio area as well)
- Billiard room (2 pool tables)
- Games room (1 pool table, Foosball, air hockey, vintage free play Ms Pacman)
- Movie lounge (60-inch screen TV - large selection of movies free of charge available)
- Large heated outdoor swimming pool (May long weekend through Labour Day, depending on weather)
- Tennis court - (rackets and balls free from office)
- Horseshoe pitch just off the bar lounge deck.
The ranch is single level, with all rooms entered from a covered, wooden boardwalk. “Roughing it” may sound romantic, but it doesn’t always feel so good, which is why all our ranch-style decorated rooms are air-conditioned, with private bath and daily maid service. Some rooms are located in a quieter part of the ranch and open onto a shady lawn by the swimming pool, or onto the west-facing boardwalk with a view of the barn and riding arena. Other rooms open onto the south lawn with a view of the hills and the pastures where the horses graze.
Children 4 years old & under stay free